December 26, 2007

WWC / Christmas Is Over

Guess what! It's Wednesday, and this week Wednesday is Weekly Words Challenge day. Usually this event goes down on Tuesday's, but for reasons most of you, I'm sure, will understand this week the WWC was due on a Wednesday.

For those of you not familiar, or with short-term memory problems, the WWC is brought to you by Santa's own favorite Tink of Pickled Beef. She chooses two words for us each week that we then interpret as we see fit and shoot some pictures to represent the words... bla, bla - I'm sure you all know what this is all about. If it's still unclear - visit the above link... Heck! Visit anyway - it's a wonderful corner of the Blogosphere!

The words for this week are TRADITION and PINK...

Well... Christmas was pleasant and quite relaxing, in fact. Had a slow Christmas Eve with my mother coming over to my place for some Christmas food. On Christmas Day we went to my Aunt's place, and celebrated with them and my cousin (including his woman and two little girls, who are not so little anymore... where does time go?).

I'm stuffed (pretty sure if someone took a picture of me right now there'd be visible remains of Christmas Ham sticking out my ears and nostrils). So, Christmas has served it's purpose. I guess I'll start working out more often again after this... actually gained a few pounds over the last couple of weeks when I've been neglecting the gym.

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that the upcoming New Year will be the best one yet of all of your lives!

Here's my contribution to this weeks WWC:

Christmas Tree with gifts - A TRADITION!

**********

Eggnog is another Christmas TRADITION!

**********

Well, let's NOT make this a TRADITION...
(This is actually what I looked like at work Dec. 23rd)

**********

The PINK(ish) meat of my Christmas ham

**********

Some PINK Santa Claus candies

**********

Well, that sums it up for today. Back at work, and Christmas is now officially over. Looking forward to the New Year in which I hope... Let's save that for another post - my New Years Resolution post.

Next week the words for the WWC are PATTERN and BROWN. We'll be back for the fun on the regularly scheduled Tuesdays by then.

Have a wonderful end of 2007!

23 comments:

MrRyanO said...

Nice pics!

Jay said...

Great pics Santa .. er .. REH!

I didn't come up with a pink but seeing everybody else's I'm getting lots of ideas now! I'm just not that creative sometimes. LOL ;-)

Dana said...

I always look forward to WWC, but I have to tell you, at first glance, I thought those Santa candies were ... well ... severed fingers! Do you suppose that says something about my state of mind after the holidays??

Leighann said...

Great pics today!

Tink said...

Look how color coordinated that room is!! I'm just going to hang my head in shame now. ;)

I love your Santa costume. You ROCK. Reminds me of when I went to work dressed as a fairy for Halloween. My boss wasn't too amused.

R.E.H. said...

RockDog: Thanks!

Jay: Yeah, I had a hard time with the pink... couldn't get certain thoughts out of my mind ;)

Dana: Severed fingers!?? Haha... you crack me up Dana. Your imagination must really be running wild if you mistook those for severed fingers ;)

Leighann: Thank You!

Tink: That's my Aunt's house... my place is nowhere near as color coordinated.

My boss came into work and saw me like that... I thought she was going to freak out about it... she actually thought it was a great and funny idea ;)

It won't happen again though... I promise you that!

Samantha_K said...

I expect a photo of a lovely brown argyle sweater next week.

So glad you had a nice Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Guess you are too thin for Santa's costume! ;)

Sparkling Red said...

I love the eggnog gnomes! I'm not a big eggnog fan, but if it always came with gnomes I'd be all over it.

fiwa said...

Nice pictures - I especially love the tree & you in your Santa costume.

Aunt Jackie said...

Great ones this week! You look so cute at work there in your Santa attire!! :) Traditions are cool... Hope your holidays were marvelous!

R.E.H. said...

Samantha K: I may actually do something like that for next week!

Joel: Get with the program Joel! In this day and age with the health awareness hype and all... isn't it only fair that Santa be skinny?

;)

Sparkling Red: Not big on eggnog? I've had too much of it this holiday... I tried giving some to the gnomes, but they wouldn't have it!

Fiwa: Thank You.

Aunt Jackie: I look cute? Tell that to the kids who went screaming after their parents ;)

I thought I looked like an escaped lunatic Santa myself ;)

Real Live Lesbian said...

Yeah, I'm with Dana and Lakota. The pink Santa candles are odd!

Jay said...

whoa!
is your job stealing stuff from people's garages while dressed in a santa suit? hardcore!

Karen said...

Great photos! Your tree is beautiful, but I am with everyone else...I am not sure I trust those pink Santa candies. They look a bit freaky. And I am not really sure what to say about you in that Santa get up. It sort of looks like a bathrobe that one would buy to cover up a g-string Santa thong. I don't know....I'm just saying....

Allison Horner said...

The Santa costume is great! Way to be in the spirit! :)

Man, I didn't get any nog this year. Bummer!!

Hope you and yours had a good one!

tt said...

Oooo.Yummy....eggnog!! I knew I forgot something this year! Damn!
Love the Santa look. Very spirited of you. Keep that going. We need more spirited ppl this time of year..

Tequila Mockingbird said...

i actually thought those candies were butt plugs for a second... guess not. probably would've made for a sticky anus anyway.

R.E.H. said...

Lakota Princess: Well, they sure don't look anything like my penis anyway ;)

They didn't make me wear it... I did so by choice (we all had an agreement to wear the hat, but I figured... if I'm gonna wear the stupid hat I might as well go all the way!)

Real Live Lesbian: They might be odd looking but they tasted pretty good... bought'em just because they were pink - needed a shot!

Jay Cam: Missing anything from your garage, JC?

Karen: Ok... I've been looking for hours on that picture now, and can't for the life of me see the g-string... you got X-ray vision or something? ;)

Alli: I didn't feel quite as much spirited as I felt really dumb wearing that ;)

No nog? Did you even have Christmas? ;)

TT: That was the one and only time I will ever wear a Santa costume at work... believe me ;)

Tequila Mockingbird: I'm sure you could jam them in there, but I will not be held responsible for the consequences ;)

Newt said...

ya know, I never thought about meat for pink but you and Kell did it. That's awesome. And I love the parkay floor at your aunts house its gorgeous. Glad you had a nice christmas. And I think the santa outfit should be a tradition. Though maybe next year it's all you should wear :-) - did I say that out loud?

R.E.H. said...

Newt: You did say that out loud! ;) I wonder if my boss would be quite as tolerant if I did that though ;)

Tequila Mockingbird said...

ick, no.

R.E.H. said...

Tequila Mockingbird: ;)