December 7, 2007

Apparently: I ROCK!

Let me begin by expressing my delight and appreciation to Guilty Secret for awarding me my very first award! Thank you, that really brightened up my day! She deserves a ton of awards herself, for the honest and fascinating story she's blogging over at her place. If you haven't read up on her story - do it! You'll not regret paying her a visit.

This was her motivation for giving me this award:

REH has only been blogging two months, but he's being doing a damn good job of it so far. His posts are interesting and entertaining and he deserves the loyal readership he has already built up.

So... apparently - I Rock!

I cut my hair off a while back, so my victory head-banging is not as wild and impressive as it used to be when a thick mane of hair would violently thrash about as my head was thrown back and forth, my upper body slightly bent forward and one foot in front of the other to keep from falling over. Picture me doing this, with one arm held aloft, pumping upward, fist clenched with my index and pinky fingers reaching out - all in the name of rock'n'roll!

Picture me wearing my torn, washed out jeans. An over-sized metal studded belt, and throw in some chains as well. I've got my Twisted Sister T-Shirt on, and on top of that is my equally washed out jeans jacket with cut off sleeves, and about two hundred patches sown onto it, making me look like an advertising board for every heavy metal band that existed back in the good old 80's.

And... I'm screaming at the top of my lungs:

"I wanna ROCK! And fuck you world if you don't understand how much I LOOOOOVE ROCK AND ROLL!"

Yeah, we were like that. But, if you look at it - being a rock'n'roller, a metal-head... it was all about having some good ol' fun (read: ROCK!)... and about the babes, of course. We loved the chicks... and to this day still, I find it extremely sexy when a girl dresses up in a sleeveless top and a pair of torn up jeans. Make sure there is a rip on the back, just below one of your buttocks, revealing just enough of a tight round ass to tease me.

Aaah... the good ol' 80's!

Seems I kind of drifted from my topic there for a while. Uhm... see... YES! I was given the 'Rockin' Guy Blogger' award. It is one that should be passed on to others as well, and I have decided on three Rockin' Dudes who deserve it. I will present them in alphabetical order, so as not to offend anyone who thinks "why was I third choice dude? I should be number ONE!".

1. Cynical Bastard
Jay over at Cynical Bastard. I was thinking to myself that I should hand this award on to people who not only entertain me with their blogging, but bloggers who really do ROCK! as well - which means they have to be fans of Rock'N'Roll.

Jay! You rock! I didn't really know that until that letter to 13 year old you, where you talked about the Rolling Stones and mentioned the fact that AC/DC still rocks! So, to commend you on your always entertaining blogs, I hereby present you the Rockin' Guy Blogger Award.

2. Man Overboard
Not too long ago, you posted a video of Twisted Sister's "I Wanna Rock!".... well, almost anyway - it was a Spongebob version. Anyway - the following really made this a clear cut decision:

Excerpt from a Man Overboard blog:
It should be noted that for some time now I have had my daughters trained in the following:
me- “I wanna rock!”
them- “Rock!”
us- “do-do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do-do, I want to rock, rock”


Dude. You ROCK!

3. Your Friendly Neighborhood RockDog
It's all in the title of his blog right? RockDog, isn't it obvious that the guy Rocks? And, he's got a thing for scantily clad women which goes a long way towards getting my attention. With a wicked sense of humor and no-holds-barred wit, the RockDog is sure to entertain every time you walk into his space in Blogville.

You know it already, champ... but, take it from me - You Rock!

-----------------

To top things off for today, I leave you with some good ol' heavy metal to feast upon. Courtesy of Helix: "Rock You!". And with that, my promise that I will continue to Rock You readers... to the best of my ability!

And, guys - if you're not into the heavy metal scene... there are bare naked titties in this video!



25 comments:

Jay said...

Man I miss the 80s. I don't have a picture of me with long hair but I do have a few pics of me wearing my AC/DC and Judas Priest and KISS t-shirts. Man those days rocked!

Thanks for the award dude!

Karen said...

Congrats on the Rocking! You certainly deserve the award.

Tequila Mockingbird said...

it's never too early in the morning for boobies. thanks for making my hangover better!

Leighann said...

I'm a new reader, but I must say, you do in fact ROCK!

I enjoy coming here, I know that'll make your day all over again! *snicker* :)

R.E.H. said...

Jay: Man, I would've loved seeing a pic of you with long hair... maybe I'll dig one up of myself just to prove that I used to have it ;)

You deserve the award, dude. Keep-a-Rockin'!

Karen: Thank you!

Tequila Mockingbird: Nothing compares to naked boobies to cure a bad hang-over. Hell, naked boobies will cure anything.

Leighann: Welcome to my place!

Seems you got a rockin' chick on that profile pic there - so I'm off to take a good look at your blog ;)

Guilty Secret said...

Aw how fabulous... a rocking post to accept your rocking award! You did a great job of passing it on too and I love how you went with the rock theme :)

Samantha_K said...

Yeah, you're ok....I guess.

Kidding!

You know I love you.

R.E.H. said...

Guilty Secret: Well, it was a fitting award to hand me, Guilty. I really liked it, and I've been thinking about doing a rocking blog for a while - this gave me that opportunity.

Samantha K: You know why you love me, right?

Because I ROCK! ;)

g-man said...

Thanks for the honor. And with such esteemed bloggers even.

R.E.H. "G-man you rock"

G-man "Thats what I keep telling people."

And thanks for the boobies, will have to wait till I get home for the video. I don't think I have any "long hair" photos any more. Those were the days.

Kell said...

Congrats on the well deserved award, Dude!

Sparkling Red said...

Yay for guy bloggers!

Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award. They feel good don't they? Rather flattering!

Em

fiwa said...

Congratulations, it's well deserved. I can't believe you've only been blogging for two months. You find your stride fast!

R.E.H. said...

G-Man: You're welcome man. You have to go around telling people You Rock? Dude, I noticed that right away 'bout you!

Kell: Thanks.

Sparkling Red: Us guy bloggers will take you lady bloggers by storm - I tell ya! ;)

Emmeline: Feels good alright! Thank you.

Fiwa: I'm not even sure myself whether I've found my stride or not... but things have happened quite fast over here.

I big thank you to all of you who read my blogs!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations Rockin' R.E.H.

R.E.H. said...

Preposterous Ponderings: Thanks! I saw you've been handed an award or two too - so congrats to you too!

Jay said...

darn i rock lightly
lol

MrRyanO said...

Thanx for the award, Dude! I'd also like to thank the little people....very PC of me.

Give me an R...!

Rock You! Kick ass song!

Jay said...

whoa speaking of awards..

i just gave you one!!
you can pick it up at my lbog if you want

Casdok said...

Congrats on your award!

R.E.H. said...

Jay Cam: Rock Hard, Rock Light... as long as you Rock, dude ;)

RockDog: Given and deserved.

Rock You really is like an iconic rock song for its time.

Jay Cam (again): Whoa... No Award! That's awesome, man! ;)

Casdok: Welcome! And, Thanks!

Constance said...

Congratulations on the award, R.E.H. ! Happy Saturday to you !

R.E.H. said...

Loving Annie: Thank You. And you have a splendid Saturday too!

Anonymous said...

I'd say you rock! Only two months? Wow!

R.E.H. said...

Butterfly Girl: Yeah, I rock ;)

Thanks!