December 4, 2007

WWC / Still Sick

We have entered the month of December, and that means we are rapidly approaching the festivities of Christmas and all that jazz. That doesn't stop us from playing a fun weekly little game called the WWC.

The ever lovely, Tink of Pickled Beef chooses a couple of words for us, and we try to come up with some amazing pictures to share that represent these words. The idea here is to be creative with it, and this week we are playing with the words LANDSCAPE and ORANGE.

As those of you who have been reading my blogging on a regular basis will know, I've spent the last few days laying flat out in bed feeling sorry for myself, on account of a particularly bad cold (or flu?). That means I have not stepped outside my door for a good 4 days - liar! I was out today... yeah, that's right. Simply had to get me some groceries as there was nothing left in the fridge for me to eat.

Well. As a result I haven't been out there to shoot any amazing photos to share. Instead I dug through the archives, and found two things.

1. I have very few pictures that could represent Landscape.

2. I didn't have a single picture that had any orange in it.

Well, I selected a couple of archive pics for Landscape, and shot a couple of desperate ones for Orange - can't miss out on the fun of WWC, right?

So, enjoy my contribution:


A pond in a beautiful LANDSCAPE.

**********

Some family fun with a lovely LANDSCAPE backdrop

**********


Of course - the most obvious ORANGE picture of all

**********

An ORANGE heart of friendship I got from my cousin's daughter

**********

Well... I'm keeping it short today. So, I hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Next week it is time to play again, and the words then are WANT and GREEN!

26 comments:

Tequila Mockingbird said...

hmmm i like the orange and the landscape, but i want to see your meme.

Karen said...

You did great! I love orange heart. You seem so sentimental. ;) I hope you feeling better. I am.

R.E.H. said...

Tequila Mockingbird: I'll get around to the meme thing tomorrow I hope.

Karen: That's me... I'm a sentimental guy... no, no, really, I am ;)

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics. The oranges made my mouth water.

R.E.H. said...

Lightning Bug's Butt: I'm eating one of them right now... aaah... yummy!

Allison Horner said...

Awww. The little orange hear is cute. Well played, especially for being sick.

Feel better! Get lots o' fluids & sleep!

fiwa said...

For all your excuses, these look pretty good to me! Hope you're feeling better now.

tt said...

I think I may need to stalk you...
Great post!

Jay said...

I was going to take a picture of some oranges, but then I remembered that I don't have any oranges. LOL

Good job. Hope you're feeling better dude.

Beautifully Profound said...

Glad to hear your were well enough to get out of bed. Are you getting snow your way? Because we are just getting slammed up the proverbial ass up here.

Good job on WWC. As for oranges..fresh ones make me want to gag. It's weird though I can drink OJ like a champ, it's just actually eating the fruit. Ah well. Those landscapes are nice. Wish I had a little bit o that weather right now. Although I shouldn't be bitching because oh for the rest of my life unless I come back to the states during the snowy season I probably won't encounter anymore.

Well, you take care. Be good!

Anonymous said...

That friendship pillow is really cute!

Jen said...

I think that friendship heart is too precious! Kids are sweet, eh?

I finally got mine up. . .

R.E.H. said...

Alli: Thank you. Yeah. That orange heart really is a cute little thing ;)

Fiwa: I keep making excuses of some sort every week for WWC, don't I? ;)

TT: Welcome to the crazy world of the Madman. You stalking me? Who's the crazy person around here? ;)

Jay: I dragged my sorry ass to the grocery store yesterday and picked those oranges up. Needed them for a pic... and the Vitamin C ;)

Beautifully Profound: You're lucky, you know. If I knew I'd be headed somewhere where snow is never (ever) an issue, I think I might even be able to enjoy that last glimpse of it.

Still no snow here though. But ice everywhere. Lots of rain, and now all that downpour has just frozen.

Preposterous Ponderings: Isn't it? Who knew there was a soft side to the old Madman, huh?

Jen: Kids are fun. I really like my cousin's kids, but they're growing up fast. I don't like how they remind me that I must be old all the time ;)

Off to check your WWC.

Guilty Secret said...

Unless you felt like you were going to die, it wasn't flu. (Sorry, personal bugbear people calling particularly bad colds flu.)

How are you now? Hope you're feeling better. I'm very impressed you've kept your blogging up even though you've been poorly!

Tink said...

That first landscape picture is gorgeous! My dream is to have a backyard like that some day... *Happy sigh* Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are STILL sick. I've been sick for a month but I can at least function in the world!

I'm not fond of oranges but they sure are purty. I'd settle for the dish though, is that an antique?

Hope you get well enough to take the camera for a walk soon!

Samantha_K said...

Sending you some virtual medication. Imagine I'm tucking you into bed and hand feeding you chicken noodle soup.
Feel better, babe.

Tequila Mockingbird said...

does my breath smell bated for that meme? it is!

anyway, i added you to my blogroll finally.

Kell said...

Those are great pictures. Those are good looking oranges, hope they tasted as good as they looked.

Feel better.

g-man said...

Nothing wrong with hitting the archives. Eat the oranges they will make you feel better. Nice Shootin' Tex. :)

R.E.H. said...

Guilty Secret: Well, I haven't exactly felt like I'm dying... but I've wished for it to happen...

Seriously though... it's just a cold. Not JUST. But, a cold none the less.

Tink: Glad to hear that. Well, that used to be the backyard of my father's house.

Butterfly Girl: Are you glad I'm still sick???

Thanks... I guess ;)

The dish... I'm a guy. How should I know? I use it for fruit when I buy it ;)

Samantha K: Thank You, darling. That soup is delicious.

Ooops! I think you spilled a little on me... right here. Lick it off, will you?

Tequila Mockingbird: Meme is up and ready for your reading pleasure.

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!

R.E.H. said...

Kell: The oranges are ok. A little on the sour side, but still ok.

G-Man: Thanks, Kid ;) I got the oranges for the Vitamin C. I'm on a mission to free myself from this stupid cold!

Jay said...

lol an orange orange..
always the creative one, eh?

R.E.H. said...

Jay Cam: I will always go to great lengths to ensure you people are impressed ;)

Constance said...

Hopethat you feel better soon - I've had the damn thing for 2 weeks now.

R.E.H. said...

Loving Annie: I'm getting there... not peachy yet, but I'm getting there.

You get better too, ok?