December 14, 2007

Major Award / Big Project

I'm on a roll here!

I've received my third award in just over a week... which proves one thing. When it rains - it pours! (Didn't I use that comment recently?)

This is the second award awarded me by the fun and crazy Jay Cam of Jay's World. He's got one of the craziest blogs I've seen, and often makes me chuckle like Santa Claus on Christmas night.

I like the look of this award... I'd like a lamp just like it. I'd put it right next to my bed on the nightstand there...

I've been doing some thinking as to whom I should pass this award on to... which was indeed a difficult process. So many of you are here, commenting on my blogs. So many of you I do my utmost to read every day if possible - which is hard now as the Holiday Season's are drawing nearer by the hour.

I've decided on three people who have been frequenting this place almost since the very beginning, and whose blogs I've been frequenting since I first ventured into the world of blogging myself. It felt like the right approach, and is why I will give the award to the following people:

Note: If you weren't awarded - that does NOT mean you are not deserving of one... I just can't hand it out to everyone, now can I?

1. Guilty Secret (Guilty Secret)
One of my must read blogs, this one! If you haven't caught up on the story of Guilty Secret and her drug-dealing boyfriend (Baddie), then you've missed out on a wonderfully honest and deeply personal blog that never fails to leave me breathless after reading it.

2. Sports, Soaps, and a Wandering Mind (Samantha K.)
Sweet, funny and deliciously flirtatious. Samantha K. over at Sports, Soaps, and a Wandering Mind runs an excellent blog, where we are invited to follow her budding romance with the UPS man (why I didn't take up a job delivering packages is beyond me). She's been around here from the early stages, and has often found a way to make me feel good when I'm down.

3. Pickled Beef (Tink)
Queen of the Weekly Words Challenge, and provider of increasingly challenging words for us who participate in the WWC to play with. Tink's got a wonderful blog, in which you should really look for her "Daily Conversation" snippets. I love them, because she seems like such a fun and easy going person, while she still has a heart of gold.

Take heart of this award, and know that I appreciate your contribution in the blogging community.

On to other things...

I was originally thinking of posting a massive blog for today. There's something I've been meaning to do for a while, but haven't been entirely sure on how I would approach it.

For those of you who've been around awhile - did you think I'd forgotten all about The One? I haven't been posting about her for quite some time... except for briefly mentioning her every once in a while. Well, for one - there hasn't been much to write about on the subject, because I haven't had the pleasure of spending any time with her. I still long for her, but I think being apart for a while has helped me gain some composure, as I was really beginning to fall apart before.

I remember you people unanimously voting "forget about her/you deserve better", and you will probably remember me being all ignorant of that sort of advice (albeit good, I'll admit).

Well... I've wanted to make things a little clearer. Since I started blogging, I just kind of jumped right in on the story, and it so happened that just when my blog went into the virtual world, things in the real world exploded in my face. I was never really given a chance to think things through, and I believe that showed in the posts I made.

Because of this, I have decided to start a new blogging "series". A novella, self biography or whatever the hell you want to call it. This thing will serve two purposes:

a) It will take you readers right down to the deepest core of what has happened, and why these things have happened. Right from the very start (long before The One came into the picture)

b) It will serve as an outlet for me to deal with issues that have seriously damaged my mental well being, and I will hope that not only writing it down will make me see things in a different way, but also load a big weight off my chest. Your comments along the way will also hopefully serve as a healing aid.

(Boy! Am I getting all sentimental here)

Because these will likely be long reads, I have decided to give you people an option here. Do I incorporate this project into the blog we have here... the "Ramblings Of A Madman" blog? Or, do I start a brand new blog where I post this... blogography, so those who are not interested in listening to me whine are spared these posts?

In order to make a decision, maybe you need the following information.

  • I do not intend to post this more than once a week (depending on how much time I can find to write them)
  • Posts are likely to be quite long - much like a short chapter in a book, so grab a cup of hot cocoa, sit back and relax.
  • It will be a sequential read. To fully understand it is likely you have to read them all.
  • While much of it will be sentimental and dark, I will incorporate some humor into it so we don't all end up committing group suicide. This humor, is likely to be dark, though.
  • It will be honest and I will not shy away from detail that maybe I feel uncomfortable sharing.
  • It will be 100% non-fiction, and a true reflection of my experiences and my mind.
  • If posted here, it will not change anything about how I've done things here until now.

There are 4 ways in which I can do this.

1. Post here on Rambling Madman whenever I feel like it.

2. Post here on Rambling Madman once a week (weekly feature)

3. Post here on Rambling Madman bi-weekly (every two weeks, giving me more time to write it real good)

4. Start new Blog which will house nothing but this project.

Please make your vote in the sidebar here, and if you're in for the weekly or bi-weekly feature, comment here and tell me which days you find the best for a long read - weekends, Mondays or Wednesdays... whatever.

Again, thank you all for your support and commenting on my blog!

34 comments:

fiwa said...

Congratulations on getting another award! I love the lamp from A Christmas Story. I saw a "life size" replica in a store around here last Christmas.

Regarding your story - I voted, but wanted to say, it sounds like it will be really interesting to read, and I think you should write it as the mood strikes you. One thing you could do is start a new section in your sidebar with links to those posts so that anyone who comes in late can pick up on the story without searching back through ALL of your blog posts. Does that make sense?

Have a good weekend!
fiwa

R.E.H. said...

Fiwa: Thank You. Yes, I think that sounds like a good idea, and it is very likely how I will handle it, if it is decided I incorporate it into this blog.

Kell said...

Yeah, I'm with fiwa. You don't want to get to where you feel like you have to write about this at certain times. It might become a chose instead of what you want it to be.

Love that award. It's a major award!

Anonymous said...

I love Samantha K. Charming blogger. Plus, I know if I keep coming back I'll see a post of her naked. I hope.

I vote for bi-weekly.

R.E.H. said...

Kell: I'm with you there... don't want it to become a chore. But, on the other hand - with a scheduled release it will force me to write it, and not leave you hanging for two months just because I'm not really in the mood.

Lightning Bug's Butt: Isn't she? We should start a petition on that nudie-pic thing ;)

Leighann said...

Congrats on the award! Is it Italian?

Jay said...

i think you should keep one blog..
two is "too" many hahahahh!

seriously though. just keep one!
: )

Karen said...

Congrats on the award. Very timely for the holiday sason. I put in my vote. One blog is easier.

? said...

Congratulations on your award!

I read most blogs on the weekend, and I'd prefer the bi-weekly post. I'm bi-blogsexual, you know.

tt said...

Love the idea. That basically is what my blog is for. It's an outlet for all the stupid stuff that gets into my grape since I started my new gig of being my parents 'caregiver person'. If I didn't have this outlet I'd be nucking futs by now!
I vote weekely.
I can't wait to read it...you're such a good read already!
LOVE the lamp award.

Anonymous said...

maintaining a separate blog might be tedious(if you are not paid for blogging), but as fiwa and kell said, you could start a new section in your side bar with links to those post

Happy blogging and congrats on that award :)

R.E.H. said...

Leighann: Italian? Uhm... I must be missing something here, because I don't get it ;)

Jay Cam: Two's too many!

- No!

- Is too!

Karen: Thanks. Yay - it's like an early Christmas present!

Bottle Blonde: Excuse me... Bi-blonde sexual? Is that what you said? ;)

TT: Thank You. I think the main reason I started blogging was to have an outlet for the heavy stuff that tries to bring me down in life - but I got a little sidetracked there.

I've found, now that I've been blogging for a while, that I need this for a lot of things.

A place to goof around, be funny, as well as a place to get all that serious shit out of my system.

Joel Robinson: I'd sure like to get paid for blogging, but I guess I'm some way off that kind of success ;)

Constance said...

R.E.H.
Congratulations on the new award !

Keep this blog and write about it here when you feel like it. It gets too confusing to have two of them (for me at least)and make syou more multi-dimensional/interetsing to have all these parts of you part of your one blog.
Blogs reflect who we are as humans - the good, the bad, the happy, thoughtful, oblivious, learning, the miserable, all of it...

Anonymous said...

Well congratulations to you!

You keep getting awards like this you are going to have to open a blog just for them.

R.E.H. said...

Loving Annie: Yeah, I agree. It would be much easier, and interesting to keep it all in the one blog. Looks like everyone so far seems to think of that as the best option.

Preposterous Ponderings: LOL! Thanks :)

g-man said...

It's your blog, do what you feel is best. Any of those options will serve the purpose. What is best for me may not be best for you. I'll be interested no matter the format.

R.E.H. said...

G-Man: Thank You. I believe it will be a post-when-I-feel-like-it kind of thing right here on Ramblings Of A Madman. Most seem to like it that way, and it is the best option for me as well - allowing me the freedom to post when I feel like it.

Leighann said...

Leg lamp, Italian.... only a fragment in the GREATEST Christmas movie EVER!

A Christmas Story

You MUST watch it!

R.E.H. said...

Leighann: Yeah, I've seen it - some years ago... don't recall that lamp in it though ;)

Dana said...

I'm with g-man on this one - it's your blog and you need to do what works for you! We'll read what comes out, whenever it comes out, and we'll even find it if need be.

R.E.H. said...

Dana: Thank You. It's nice to see that almost every one seems to be of the same opinion.

Poll is closed, and decision is made.

I will post this thing whenever I feel like it, and you will find it right here on Ramblings Of A Madman.

The sidebar section with links suggestion will be used as well.

Guilty Secret said...

Congratulations on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me! And thank you for the great review :)

Sorry it took me so long to come by, as you know from my place, things have been a little hectic!

I love the novella idea. You're a great guy with lots of interesting tales and I love the way you write them, so I can't wait to read it. I am going to vote now...

Guilty Secret said...

Oh no, the poll closed already! For the record, I was going to vote for 'its own damn blog' but I guess I lose :(

Tequila Mockingbird said...

where's my award?

R.E.H. said...

Guilty Secret: Glad you like the novella idea. I'm struggling a little bit with it right now, but it'll be there soon enough.

Poll is closed, and (yes, you lose) I have decided that the best option for me is to post whenever I feel like it right here on this blog.

Tequila Mockingbird: Oh, I've got an award for you, girl. Just you wait and see ;)

Samantha_K said...

Thank you for, quite possibly, the best award in existence. It looks Italian or something. Fancy.

LOL.

You keep typing, I'll keep reading.

R.E.H. said...

Samantha K: Glad you liked the award... I believe it is Italian, from what I've heard ;)

Tink said...

For me?! Oh REH. I'll love it and honor it for-ev-er.

Sparkling Red said...

I'm looking forward to reading about your sordid past, dark as it may be. It's brave of you to commit to sharing honestly, even when it takes you outside your comfort zone.

R.E.H. said...

Tink: Every time you see that lamp - think of me ;)

Sparkling Red: Yeah, I've been going back and forth, between kicking myself for announcing this stupidity, and looking forward to writing it ;)

Newt said...

I'm looking forward to reading, whatever you decide. Writing things out and sharing it with the virtual world is actually quite therapeutic.

R.E.H. said...

Newt: Thank You. The reason I've decided to do it is for that exact reason... to "therapeute" myself (there's a new word for you).

I hope the read will be fun for you people as well...

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! I am late to the game, I would have voted for its own blog. Is there a way to have it in its own category so wayward readers (like myself) can read it in one sitting, all together?

R.E.H. said...

Cardiogirl: There will be a section on the right hand side, from where you can access the Rubicon Heart story any time you wish.