December 31, 2007

New Year Resolutions 2008

We make them... every single year. We break them... every single year. But, gosh darnit! They are tradition! And, who am I to turn my back on traditions? I will make them this year too... my New Year resolutions, and I will post them all in this blog for you readers to witness. Why don't you all remind me every once in a while, what I said today, to make sure that I do not break these until, at least... say - February?

This is a serious post! Do not laugh at me now... I mean it - these are things that I am going to do during the year of 2008 (which evidently is going to be the best year of my life). I may write this down with a comical undertone, but do understand that this is no joke. I am sincere and do this in the best interest of my very own self, to aid me in making next year the best it can be!

Ok... so my first resolution is this:

I am going to be President of the United States!

Alright... that was not serious - that was indeed a joke (though I'm pretty sure I'd do a helluva lot of a better job than the current douche bag in the White House).

So... let's be serious, shall we?

Here goes - Number One:

I am going to get my sorry self into a fit state in which I will not only feel good about myself, but others will notice (my hot bod!) a happier me who is not so darn depressing and tired all the time. This effort will include going to the gym regularly, stretching myself properly to gain some much needed agility (I am very, very stiff-jointed), eating more healthy foods (and less pizzas, burgers, tacos and other classic - delicious - junk food) and sleeping better at night.

Note - I am by no means going to quit the junk food completely. That would not be a healthy decision, as I would likely end up in a mental institution by the end of January (if not sooner). The deal here is to eat less than I currently do.

This was the big one. This is the head honcho! If all else fails - this is the one I will make damn sure I stay true to.

Second:

I will look actively for a serious relationship. How do you like this one, huh? I will go by this one with a rather strange reasoning, which many may not agree with. I will be accused of having double standard, and I will be called a cheatin' bastard (if it is even possible to cheat on someone who has not been claimed as 'yours').

I will continue with my efforts of landing The One. I was at the gym with her today (See? My resolutions are already being well executed), and was painfully reminded of how incredibly beautiful and wonderful she can be. I am very serious, indeed, when I say I believe no other woman on this planet could make me feel as good as she does by just being there in the same room as me.

But, I will also be actively (desperately) dating other women, and if a serious relationship arises from that, I will embrace it. I will not let my affection for The One ruin something that could turn out great, just because I have this idea nothing could be better than a lifetime with her. I will however not force myself to forget about her... as long as my feelings for her are there, I will acknowledge them and strive to win her heart over. But, I will not cast stones on she who desires me (she who wants some sweet Madman Lovin').

Third resolution:

Here's a resolution that is probably vital for my state of survival this year. This one's called Get A New Job! If by the end of 2008 I am still selling furniture at the place I currently work at, I will probably spontaneously combust and run through the entire store screaming in fear and panic and pain as the flames engulf me.

You know, at this point I think I'd rather pick up a job cleaning toilets at Grand Central Station... with my tongue!

Fourth resolution:

Rather specific. This is something I always wanted to do. Let's make 2008 the year that I actually do it.

Gliding! Yes I want to glide high in the sky, looking down at the beautiful sights!

Now, I have a tremendous fear of heights - which is why hang gliding or bungee jumping would be out of the question. I'd suffer from cardiac arrest long before I'd get through with either one of those stunts, and dying during the year 2008 is not part of my plan. In one of those air crafts, however, I would be in a closed compartment, which eliminates my acrophobia (strange I know... but it's the way I tick).

Fifth resolution:

I am going to make stuff happen in my life during this year. For too many years I've been pretty much just following whatever main roads life has taken me to. It is time to explore some of those side roads that I keep passing by unnoticed. You only live once (wish I were a cat!), so one should really try to make the most out of the time one has. I'm not getting any younger, and there are millions of things I'd like to do before I finally lay to rest six feet under.

The gliding I mentioned above, would be included in this one, but I decided on making that my priority, as it is far more likely that I can be successful with that one than say... travel to every country in the world (which certainly is one of those things I want to do in my life).

Sixth resolution:

Final one! And this one's dedicated to you people... you readers... my good friends in the blogging universe!

I will write out a history of my love life, called "Rubicon Heart", in which I will attempt to confront some of the bad (outrageously horrible) things that I've been through, which have seriously damaged my ability to love (and be loved). I will do this because, in conjunction with resolution numero dos, I need to find some special One in the my life to share good times and bad times with another human being, rather than constantly facing them all alone and frightened in the darkest pits of reality. Even if this One is not The One.

Serious stuff here, right?

Hope you all enjoyed the read anyway.

Love you all, and have a


HAPPY NEW YEAR!


29 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Good luck and Happy New Year! The ONE is out there! Go forth and find her!

Jay said...

You've got a pretty good outline of an action plan right there already. Maybe print that out and post it somewhere that you would see it everyday.

fiwa said...

Those are great R.E.H - and very attainable. You can do every one of them, and I will be here, cheering you on. Heck, I might even vote for you for president. ;)

Happy New Years!
lovins,
fiwa

Leighann said...

I'm with Jay, print that out and keep it handy!

Karen said...

Happy New Year. Sounds like you really gave lots of thought to your resolutions. Good luck.

R.E.H. said...

Real Live Lesbian: I sure hope A One is out there somewhere... because The One is playing hard to get ;)

Jay: Printing would be a good idea... I also thought of making a checklist out of it, and mark off those that I have completed ;)

Fiwa: Maybe I should put myself in the running for President then? Hmmm... can't be that hard, can it?

Leighann: I'll put some thought into that idea ;)

Karen: I pretty much just used the things I've been thinking about every now and then.

TO ALL: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tequila Mockingbird said...

my new years resolutions is to not make out with so many married women... now i didnt want to be completely unreasonable and say i wouldnt make out with ANY married women, just not as many.

when you get your hot body, be sure to send me lots of pix.

L.P. said...

Happy New Year REH! Smooches - LP

Sparkling Red said...

A commendable plan of action! If you can take just one step each day towards any one of these goals, count yourself a success.

By the way, I highly recommend yoga for flexibility. Once you've gotten the hang of it you can do it for free, anytime, in the comfort of your own home. That's my kind of workout!

Kell said...

Happy New Year! I hope you attain all your goals for 2008. We'll be here to cheer you on!

R.E.H. said...

Tequila Mockingbird: What about un-married men? Will you make out with us?

When my Hot Bod is as pleasing to the eye as I want it to be, I'll invite you over for a private striptease... How'd you like that?

Lakota Princess: Thank You, Princess. Hope you had a great New Year's Eve too.

xxxooo

Sparkling Red: They actually have Yoga sessions at the gym I frequent. Me and The One talked about giving that a shot.

Kell: It is now January 1st, and I am still on track to keep my resolutions this year! Your cheering me on will certainly be of tremendous support.

tt said...

I trust you'll keep us updated on your new adventures.
Very ambitious plan there how tenatious are you?
I'm resolving to never make any more resolutions. Screw tradition...too much pressure. :)
Hope your 2008 is great!

tt said...

Oh, btw.......I LOVE Abba!
Now I've got that song stuck in my head......but that's ok...could be worse.
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The second resolution rocks!(and so the other too). Like the fifth one as well!

Wishing you an exciting New year 2008(and for years to come!) :D

R.E.H. said...

TT: I'm pretty tenatios... sometimes ;) I'm hoping it will hold throughout this year, though.

Abba did some good songs. This was the only "real" New Years song I could come up with, so I posted it to spread the New Year's spirit(s).

Joel: The second is one that I like myself... should really be part of every year's resolution.

Hope you have a fantastic 2008 as well (and the years following that!)

Jen said...

Happy 2008, r.e.h.! I like your resolutions; not because they haven't been done by others before, but b/c you have such a great passion for them. You made them yours & you've made them certifiably attainable.

You can do it! Keep us posted. . .

btw ~ I have 20 gallons of chili leftover! 20 gallons. Okay, maybe it's more like 2 without the zero, but I have more than we need. You are welcome to come by. :)

R.E.H. said...

Jen: This year I will stick to my resolutions... I am determined to do so!

I'm bringing my watering mouth over for some chili right away ;)

Jay said...

bwahaha!
jk
if you manage to achieve all of those be sure to tell me. i'll give you a virtual pat on the back or something.

happy new year!

R.E.H. said...

Jay Cam: Prepare your virtual hand for some patting come the end of 2008! ;)

L.P. said...

Can I pencil you into my calendar for a striptease too?

R.E.H. said...

Lakota Princess: Certainly! If you promise to return the favor ;)

Tequila Mockingbird said...

unmarried men are hot too. especially if they are packin' a lot of heat.

if i made out with my married friend in her hot tub last night while rolling on xtc, but it was before midnight, so that doesnt count as breaking my resolution, does it?

R.E.H. said...

Tequila Mockingbird: Well, you did reserve the right to make out with SOME married women... just not THAT MANY. Still, if it was before midnight - you're still to have made out with a married woman this year.

Newt said...

Here's to our resolutions! A check off list and or printing them off sounds like a good plan. Post them up on the fridge or somewhere you can see them all the time. Good Luck. It is going to be a good year.

R.E.H. said...

Newt: Thanks, Newt. I'll keep you updated on the progress as the year goes by ;)

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

I agree, you would do a better job as President of the US than the current douchebag. Thankfully, it's not much longer before his sorry ass is out of office.

I am also going to second the suggestion for yoga. It has done wonders, not just for my physical health, but also my mental health. I think it will help with the depression -- and help meet women. There are only two guys in my yoga class of about 30. ;)

Freakazojd said...

Guy, you've got some good resolutions there. You're way ahead of me, because I haven't even THOUGHT about making resolutions. But maybe that could be a post in itself...stay tuned for that. Maybe. Haha...you see the problem with me trying to make resolutions!
I posted my WWC...I'm back. :)

R.E.H. said...

Mary P. Jones: I forgot to put that one in there with my resolutions - that I actually vote for President this time around...

The Yoga sounds like a great place to meet women. I went to some Core classes with The One in which I was the only guy - that, however, made me feel utterly stupid ;)

Freakazojd: Welcome back! You've been missed.

I'll be looking forward to your post about making resolutions ;)

Guilty Secret said...

Happy New Year! (I'm just catching up.) I like this idea of publishing your new year's resolutions... might push you to stick to them.

The first one will help so much with the rest. Keeping fit and healthy makes you feel so much better so you can achieve more. Good luck... I'll be reading!