January 31, 2008

Birth Month Meme

So... the inevitable happened, and I was tagged to do a meme.

So many things to post, and then one is forced to post one of these things. Not too happy about it... but for the sweet Jill I decided to honor that tag and hereby present to you the Birth Month Meme.

But, before we go on to the meme... let's have a look at something a little more interesting. As you all well know, I posted a suggestion for a new challenge - Picture Fiction Challenge - a few days ago. I had a poll on the sidebar here, and I wanted to find out if there would be any interest in participating in this wild and crazy idea.

To be honest... I thought I'd be lucky to get one or two fellow bloggers to take me up on this thing... the poll result speaks for itself, and I was mighty pleased!

PFC Poll Result:

PFC. Good or Bad?
Awesome! I'll play! 19 (61%)
Awesome! But, won't play. 11 (35%)
Ok... I guess. 0 (0%)
It stinks! Drop it! 1 (3%)

How often?
Every week 1 (4%)
Every two weeks 4 (19%)
Monthly 16 (76%)

Yup! I think the results show a clear indication that 1) It is worth it to go ahead and do this challenge, and 2) It should be done on a monthly basis.

So, with that decided I will post the first set of pictures for the challenge tomorrow. I can't wait, myself, to see what we'll get to work with (I will not collect the pictures until right before I post the challenge). So if you were interested in participating - make sure to drop by tomorrow and get a good jump on that writing.

Don't forget to scroll on down and read Chapter Two of Rubicon Heart, if you missed it yesterday!

Ok... now. I promised to do this thing for Jill.

Lets take a look at the rules associated with this particular meme:

1. Mention the person who tagged you and create a link back to them.
Done - see above.
2. Copy-paste the traits for all the twelve months.
Will do - see below.
3. Pick your month of birth.
Uhm... November!
4. Highlight the traits that apply to you.
Will do - see below.
5. Tag 12 people and let them know by visiting their blogs and leaving a comment for them.
Will NOT!
6. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve done it!
Will do... Jill - here I come!

So... here we go. Lets have a look at the traits for November:

NOVEMBER:

Has a lot of ideas.
Amazing! This thing really knows me! I've got ideas coming out of every orifice on my body!

Difficult to fathom.
Well... it's not like I'm a woman. (Sorry ladies - but you are difficult to fathom)

Thinks forward.
It would be weird if I thought backwards, wouldn't it?

Unique and brilliant.
Am I not? Thanks for recognizing ;)

Extraordinary ideas.
Well... since I have so many ideas - some of them will be extraordinary.

Sharp thinking.
Gotta be careful when I think so I don't cut myself.

Fine and strong clairvoyance.
I have yet to see a real ghost, so I'm guessing I missed out on this trait. Damn!

Can become good doctors.
Hey, Jill... wanna play doctor with me?

Dynamic in personality.
Am I? I beg to differ... I'm one of those you hardly notice at all... before I strike!

Secretive.
Hush... don't tell anyone!

Inquisitive.
Hmmm... makes me wonder if not every single trait in each and every month somehow fits with each and every one of us... just use you imagination! What do you guys think?

Knows how to dig secrets.
I never leave home without my shovel. If there be secrets to dig, I will do the digging!

Always thinking.
I would be worried if my brain decided to shut down on me...

Less talkative but amiable.
I don't talk enough for you to ever find out...

Brave and generous.
Yeah - the Braves rule! But, give me back my hot dog!

Patient.
Hell no! I want it... and I want it now!

Stubborn and hard-hearted.
Stubborn, yes! Hard hearted.... no!

If there is a will, there is a way.
If the will is good and I'm in it... sure - there's a way to get rid of [insert will-holder here]

Determined.
Sometimes yes... sometimes no.

Never give up.
Isn't that the same thing as determined? I know... I'm inquisitive.

Hardly becomes angry unless provoked.
Does anyone become angry unless provoked? Do you just up and decide - "Hey! Lets be angry for a change!"

Loves to be alone.
Depends on what I'm doing... having sex for one - much more fun when you're not alone.

Thinks differently from others.
I pity thee who thinks like me!

Sharp-minded.
Didn't we cover Sharp Thinking already? See? I'm sharp minded!

Motivates oneself.
Who else is going to motivate me?

Does not appreciate praises.
Dana! Look at this one! It's not my fault... I was doomed on account of being born in November... I never had a chance to appreciate compliments!

High-spirited.
Never done drugs in my life...

Well-built and tough.
I do go to the gym regularly... but I've not been doing it long enough to be well-built yet... well endowed? Well hung? Let's keep that a secret... you already know from this meme that I'm secretive.

Deep love and emotions.
Well... I can't deny that, can I? You've all been reading about my deep love and emotions, so - WOW! This one is spot on!

Romantic.
When the opportunity arises... yes. I can also be a beast in the bedroom if you want...

Uncertain in relationships.
Well... seeing my past relationships and how they all turned out - who can blame me?

Homely.
Yeah... sort of.

Hardworking.
Haha! Sooooo not me. If I can slack off at work - believe me - I will!

High abilities.
Again... don't do drugs - but I do have a lot of abilities - some of which you wouldn't believe!

Trustworthy.
I have many secrets buried in my mind. Many people have trusted in me - and I am yet to fail anyone of them... I think.

Honest and keeps secrets.
Well... didn't I just answer this one?

Not able to control emotions.
Aaaaaah.... I am going to smash the screen of my computer right now!!!!

Unpredictable.
Keep tagging me to do meme's and you'll find out just how unpredictable I really am!

--------------------

Birth Month Traits:

JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people’s flaws and weaknesses. Likes to criticize. Hardworking and productive. Smart, neat and organized. Sensitive and has deep thoughts. Knows how to make others happy. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Rather reserved. Highly attentive. Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds. Romantic but has difficulties expressing love. Loves children. Loyal. Has great social abilities yet easily jealous. Very stubborn and money cautious.

FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizes dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.

MARCH: Attractive personality. Sexy. Affectionate. Shy and reserved. Secretive. Naturally honest, generous and sympathetic. Loves peace and serenity. Sensitive to others. Loves to serve others. Easily angered. Trustworthy. Appreciative and returns kindness. Observant and assesses others. Revengeful. Loves to dream and fantasize. Loves traveling. Loves attention. Hasty decisions in choosing partners. Loves home decors. Musically talented. Loves special things. Moody.

APRIL: Active and dynamic. Decisive and hasty but tends to regret. Attractive and affectionate to oneself. Strong mentality. Loves attention. Diplomatic. Consoling, friendly and solves people’s problems. Brave and fearless. Adventurous. Loving and caring. Suave and generous. Emotional. Aggressive. Hasty. Good memory. Moving. Motivates oneself and others. Sickness usually of the head and chest. Sexy in a way that only their lover can see.

MAY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Strong-willed and highly motivated. Sharp thoughts. Easily angered. Attracts others and loves attention. Deep feelings. Beautiful physically and mentally. Firm Standpoint. Needs no motivation. Easily consoled. Systematic (left brain). Loves to dream. Strong clairvoyance. Understanding. Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Good imagination. Good physical. Weak breathing. Loves literature and the arts. Loves traveling. Dislike being at home. Restless. Not having many children. Hardworking. High spirited. Spendthrift.

JUNE: Thinks far with vision. Easily influenced by kindness. Polite and soft-spoken. Having ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating, tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Talkative. Daydreamer. Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Able to show character. Easily hurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Brand conscious. Executive. Stubborn.

JULY: Fun to be with. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Likes to be quiet. Homely person. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Prone to having stomach and dieting problems. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.

AUGUST: Loves to joke. Attractive. Suave and caring. Brave and fearless. Firm and has leadership qualities. Knows how to console others. Too generous and egoistic. Takes high pride in oneself. Thirsty for praises. Extraordinary spirit. Easily angered. Angry when provoked. Easily jealous. Observant. Careful and cautious. Thinks quickly. Independent thoughts. Loves to lead and to be led. Loves to dream. Talented in the arts, music and defense. Sensitive but not petty. Poor resistance against illnesses. Learns to relax. Hasty and trusty. Romantic. Loving and caring. Loves to make friends.

SEPTEMBER: Suave and compromising. Careful, cautious and organized. Likes to point out people’s mistakes. Likes to criticize. Stubborn. Quiet but able to talk well. Calm and cool. Kind and sympathetic. Concerned and detailed. Loyal but not always honest. Does work well. Very confident. Sensitive. Good memory. Clever and knowledgeable. Loves to look for information. Must control oneself when criticizing. Able to motivate oneself. Understanding. Fun to be around. Secretive. Loves leisure and traveling. Hardly shows emotions. Tends to bottle up feelings. Very choosy, especially in relationships. Systematic.

OCTOBER: Loves to chat. Loves those who loves them. Loves to take things at the center. Inner and physical beauty. Lies but doesn’t pretend. Gets angry often. Treats friends importantly. Always making friends. Easily hurt but recovers easily. Daydreamer. Opinionated. Does not care of what others think. Emotional. Decisive. Strong clairvoyance. Loves to travel, the arts and literature. Touchy and easily jealous. Concerned. Loves outdoors. Just and fair. Spendthrift. Easily influenced. Easily loses confidence. Loves children.

NOVEMBER: Has a lot of ideas. Difficult to fathom. Thinks forward. Unique and brilliant. Extraordinary ideas. Sharp thinking. Fine and strong clairvoyance. Can become good doctors. Dynamic in personality. Secretive. Inquisitive. Knows how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative but amiable. Brave and generous. Patient. Stubborn and hard-hearted. If there is a will, there is a way. Determined. Never give up. Hardly becomes angry unless provoked. Loves to be alone. Thinks differently from others. Sharp-minded. Motivates oneself. Does not appreciate praises. High-spirited. Well-built and tough. Deep love and emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest and keeps secrets. Not able to control emotions. Unpredictable.

DECEMBER: Loyal and generous. Sexy. Patriotic. Active in games and interactions. Impatient and hasty. Ambitious. Influential in organizations. Fun to be with. Loves to socialize. Loves praises. Loves attention. Loves to be loved. Honest and trustworthy. Not pretending. Short tempered. Changing personality. Not egotistic. Take high pride in oneself. Hates restrictions. Loves to joke. Good sense of humor. Logical.

36 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I'm the very first comment? I'm #1, numero uno. But, I already knew that about me [and now everyone else does too ;)] U'r too funny. Very whitty (sp). You make me laugh and I enjoy laughing so, THANKS.

Jen said...

I wonder who comes up with these meme things?

Loved your responses. As usual.

I read my traits and some were on and many were totally off. Eh, it was still interesting.

cool.

L.P. said...

Nicely done! Now let's go gang up on Jilly.

Karen said...

That is a new one for me. Haven't seen that tag before. Quite interesting.

Jay said...

"
Difficult to fathom.
Well... it's not like I'm a woman."


haahahaha ... that was a good one. ;-)


A meme I haven't seen before. Cool beans!

Jo said...

You're too unique to fit all the "Novembers", but your responses made me laugh...and yay for all your story votes, it really is a clever idea!

Random Musings said...

Love the meme.. very cool.. I will be back

Liv said...

what about the part where you "bring sexy back"?

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting the picture fiction challenge. Is there like a deadline for getting the post up? I mean like, if I don't do it within a certain amount of time, will I not get to be part of the link list you put up of people who participated?

Em

Casdok said...

I havent seen this meme either! Great answers!

R.E.H. said...

Farmer's Wife: You get to be the leader of the pack in this comments race! Always nice to make other people laugh too ;)

Jen: Some bored people who like to annoy fellow bloggers, I guess are the ones who come up with these ;)

Nah, meme's can be fun (somewhat) but the thing I really hate about them is the tagging... and to tag 12? That's a lot.

Lakota Princess: Yeah, lets! You'll bring the toys, right?

Karen: I've seen it a couple of times, but I guess it's kinda new. You're free to do it if you want to ;)

Jay: Hehe... and ain't it the truth too?

R.E.H. said...

Jo: Thanks. It was nice to see that the meme thought I was unique too. Even nicer to hear that YOU think so ;)

Random Musings Of My Life: Nice to meet you. Glad you liked the read.

And, do come back anytime!

Liv: Why wasn't that trait in there? I'm a Scorpio, and for what little I know about astrology - Scorpio's are all about sex!

Emmeline: There will be a deadline. I will probably make it a three day span in which to post - because it might be hard for everyone to make it on a specific date.

Casdok: Thanks. The only reason I did this one was because it was somewhat new. I will refuse to do those "list 5/7 random facts about you" meme's. How boring!

Anonymous said...

"Too sensitive and easily hurt."

That's me to a T.

Dana said...

Ummm ... Mr. November ... that doesn't mean that you can't work on becoming better at accepting praise!

I'm looking forward to the fiction challenge!

R.E.H. said...

Cardiogirl: I think that would somewhat apply to me too...

Dana: I'll try to work on that. Promise.

L.P. said...

If i bring the toys, I say we forget about Jilly-girl and just play.
~waggling eyebrows~

Allison Horner said...

That's a pretty cool meme. Good responses!

I read mine & feel it fits me pretty well. :)

You're a good sport. I think I would be too lazy to do that one.

R.E.H. said...

Lakota Princess: That all depends on what kind of toys you're bringing.

Alli: It was a little time consuming, but what's a guy to do? ;)

Leighann said...

I've never seen this either. I might have to stash it away for a rainy day.

Good answers! I barely detected the sarcasm throughout! :)

R.E.H. said...

Leighann: Yeah, I hid that sarcasm pretty well, didn't I ;)

Tequila Mockingbird said...

i was born in april... this makes sense. granted i sound like an asshole, but i'm really not.

R.E.H. said...

Tequila Mockingbird: *quickly reading up on Arpil traits*

Doesn't sound much like an asshole to me... friendly and solves people’s problems, Brave and fearless, Loving and caring, Suave and generous and more.

You're a sweet girl, Tequila ;)

Liv said...

wow? all about sex? that sort of disturbs me since the only scorpio i know IRL is my dad.

Sparkling Red said...

LOL at "sharp thinking". Better keep a pack of band-aids at the ready! ;-)

R.E.H. said...

Liv: I'm sorry to take your thoughts in that direction, but - yeah - that's what us Scorpio's are destined to be. ;)

Sparkling Red: Yeah... it's embarrassing when one starts bleeding out the ears for no apparent reason ;)

Samantha_K said...

I am a Pisces, born in February. Everything written on either subject is always very me.

It always unnerves me a bit, and makes me think there may be something to this astrology stuff.

At least where I'm concerned.
November seems pretty right on for you, as well.

R.E.H. said...

Samantha K: Yeah, November seemed to offer many truths about me, actually.

I wrote something similar on your blog, before I read this (that's a little scary too).

Yeah, it is quite interesting this astrology business. I'm not a believer in the whole thing - but it does make me curious sometimes...

Anonymous said...

You're a good sport!

BUT

Are you kidding me? My month says...
Prone to getting colds.
Ugh, I'm doomed.

Achoo!!

Jodi said...

That looks like fun! I'm going to try it.

XO,
J.

R.E.H. said...

Butterfly Girl: Ow. That's a terrible trait to have - well, at least you know you didn't have a choice...

HoosierGirl5: It was a little different. Glad you enjoyed it.

Jill said...

(Wiping REH sweat off his forhead)
For the doctor thing, don't you prefer that I play your nurse, with the outfit?

Lakota, that line is starting to be old!

And what is up with the two of you ganging up on me with sextoys?

R.E.H. said...

Jill: Ah, yes! The nurse thing works for me ;)

And about me and Lakota ganging up on you? Well, I'm just in it for the fun ;)

Anonymous said...

But I want to start by having you all to myself!!(But I would take a male nurse, this week!!)

R.E.H. said...

Jill: Oh yeah! I'll be the nurse ;)

Jill said...

We are going to have fun, seem like you are a playful and willing to do anything kind of guy!

R.E.H. said...

Jill: Most anything... yes!