November 16, 2007

Beautiful. Hot. Sexy. Cute.

"Do you think I am beautiful?"

She'd been standing there for a while. I was just sitting at the kitchen table, jotting a few ideas down for a movie script, while she was leaning her back against the wall by the door looking at me.

We had that kind of relationship, where we could feel each others presence and enjoy each others company without really having to talk to one another. Just being in the same room made us feel comfortable.

"Of course you are, honey"

She walks up to me. Her face is sincere and she's looking deep into my eyes as she sits down in front of me.

"Don't you think that I'm hot?"

"Oh, you're hot alright. Really hot".

"Do you think I'm sexy?"

"Yes".

"I'm not just cute, then?"

"Honey. I think you're beautiful. I think you're hot, sexy and cute. You are my girlfriend and I love you"

She sighs... looks away from me. She looks sad all of a sudden.

"You're just saying that because that's what you think I want to hear. I can't be all of those things at the same time".

This conversation has stuck in my head for many years. She was my first true love. We lived together, and back then I was so sure I would spend the rest of my life with this girl - that's how much I was in love with her.

I've been thinking about it... a lot. What do these words mean to a woman? What do they mean to me? Which adjective to use when you speak to a woman, so as not to offend her?

I know I don't really care to be called Cute. Cute is not a word that speaks to my manliness. Cute will not make me feel wanted by the girl who calls me that. Cute is almost demeaning to me... but, to a woman it should be looked at in high regard. At least coming from me... nothing I love more than a woman with a cute smile - that'll knock me out in a second.

Hot, or Sexy. Yes... that's what I like to hear.

Beautiful... yes... from someone I am in love with.

But don't they really all come down to one and the same? That you enjoy looking at them? Let us analyze each word here... from my point of view. I will only be talking about visuals here... never mind the girls personality attributes in conjunction with these words for now - I am looking at this from a shallow point of view today.

BEAUTIFUL - When I can look at a woman for long, long periods of time and enjoy every single second of doing it - then she is beautiful. When I can just study the lines of her face, the shape of her jaw and cheekbones, the way her hair falls down on her shoulders, how her eyes sparkle when she looks back at me, and there is nothing about her that makes me think... Hey, that wart on her nose there's got to go... should I suggest she go see a surgeon who could remove it for her? She should really go to the dentist more often... get a shine on those teeth. Yeah... that would be my definition of Beautiful.





HOT - A woman who is hot, is a knock-out. She's the kind of girl that when I first lay eyes on her, I think; Holy mother of all! Check this one out, fellas! I think I'm in luuuve! She's the kind of girl you want to show off to all of your friends just to make them envious of you for having such a dreamy girl by your side. She's the kind of girl that makes it hard for you to think beyond the surface and see who she is on the inside... because... who the fuck cares when you can drool all over what you see?








SEXY - A chick who is sexy will have full succulent lips, eyes that can burn into your very soul when she looks at you. She will, of course, have a perfect body... a slim waist, perfect tits and an ass you just cannot keep your hands off. She will make me think: Sweet lord Jesus, do I want to take those clothes off of you right now. I want to kiss every inch of you, feel every part of your naked body with the tips of my fingers, and then I want to make you moan and scream my name as you cum. Because you, girl, turn me the hell on! That is what a sexy girl will do to me.






CUTE - The most important attribute for a girl to be cute is their smile. If they have a contagious smile, that makes me want to smile back at them, and that makes me feel all happy inside, then they are immediately cute. Often a rather petite face will do the trick as well. A small nose, small mouth, rounded cheeks and eyes that are full of life. Cute girls make me go: Gosh, girl. Don't I just want to hug you right now. I want to hold you close to me and hold you tight. I want to run my fingers alongside your face and trace the lines of your smile. You just make me feel so wonderful when I look at you. That is how I look at a cute girl.




So, girls... don't diss the cuteness. It is a compliment to you ladies. You are supposed to be cute - not us guys, we don't want to be cute... better you call me rough. A little rough on the edges - yes, that makes me feel better.

And... if cute was such a bad thing to be... how come of the girls above who represent my views of each and every word, it is Kate Hudson of "Cute" who wins my heart.

Kate? If you're here... if you're reading this. I have a question for you.

"Will you marry me?"

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like Kate Hudson too. She is great. I can see where you're coming from on this. I have similar opinions, but mine are of course more girly. :)

Em

Jay said...

I usually categorize women along similar lines.

Women I'd have a one night stand with: Paris Hilton type. A skank, but still want to.

Women I'd spend a weekend in Vegas with: Jessica Alba type. No denying how cute she is and her great body, but she's stupid and has no personality.

Women I'd marry and spend a lifetime with: Natalie Portman types. A degree from Harvard plus being ridiculously cute.

That's why the women love me, right there. LOL ;-)

/I'm kidding ladies. I swear. haha

//kind of. ;-)

Newt said...

LOL - I still get called cute by the hubster so I'll take that as a compliment. Sexy baby gets said as well. Those are good things. Though I personally think the boy needs to get glasses.

But that is why I always remember what one friend said, "If you could only see yourself through our eyes you would know how incredibly beautiful you are."

R.E.H. said...

Emmeline: Leave Kate alone! She's mine! You hear! :)

Jay: Oh, I'd certainly have a one nighter with Paris myself. She may not have brains... but I'd still enjoy one night in Paris...

Newt: Nah, I don't think he needs any glasses. It's like I failed to mention in this post... when in love with someone - they are all of the above.

Karen said...

I don't mind getting called cute, but platonic friends. But cute is for babies, puppies and little innocent virgins. In my opinion there is nothing romantic or sexual about cute.

Anonymous said...

So what am I? Chopped liver?

I guess last night meant nothing to you! Hmmmmph!

R.E.H. said...

Karen: And how are little innocent virgins not sexual? :-) Cute can be very sexy for me, though...

Preposterous Ponderings: Hush now, baby girl... last night was Da Bomb. You are... graceful and fascinating!

Jay said...

of course i'll marry you! haha jk jk jk!

i'll take the girl behind door "sexy" please!

Angela said...

I have difficulty accepting compliments. So, honestly, I probably wouldn't handle being called cute/sexy/hot/beautiful very well, regardless of who were saying it or what the context were. But in theory, I see nothing wrong with being called any of the above. I would love to be able to believe that I could be characterized with any of the aforementioned adjectives.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clarifying.

R.E.H. said...

Jay Cam: Aaah... Elisha Cuthbert. Stunning isn't she? But, sorry. I have them all tagged as mine! Mine all mine!

Angela: Well, judging from your profile pic there, I can't for the life of me figure out why you display such low self esteem. Take it from me... you are Beautiful, you are Hot, Sexy and yes... like it or not... you are cute.

Odd Facts: You're welcome.

Guilty Secret said...

Aw that was such a lovely post :)

I used to hate when Baddie called me cute for a long time. I didn't get it. I thought if he thought I was cute, he couldn't think I was hot too. Over time, I have come to see that sometimes he looks at me and thinks I'm beautiful, sometimes sexy, sometimes hot, sometimes cute... all those things can coexist.

Man, I'm one lucky woman. Thanks for making me think thin about that ;)

? said...

I'd like to think of myself as Pleasantly Plump. But I didn't see that category on your list.

R.E.H. said...

Guilty Secret: Yep, that's what this post was supposed to be all about. That's what my then girlfriend made me think of, because I really thought she was all of the above. Somehow, she managed to be that at all times too.

Bottle Blonde: Oh... I believe some day I'll dedicate an entire blog entry to you. ;)

Tink said...

I'm not too picky about the adjective. As long as it's Hot, Cute, Sexy, or Beautiful and not Cold, Fugly, Dumpy, or Plain I'm cool. :)

R.E.H. said...

Tink: Well, you certainly aren't any of the last 4 adjectives, I'll tell you.

Angela said...

Thanks, R.E.H. That's sweet of you to say. The low-self-esteem thing is just... one of those things. I don't know how I got to it, but it's a part of me now. And the fact that I've gained 10 pounds since that picture was taken doesn't help.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.