November 9, 2007

New wheels...

So I finally got my new wheels on today. It was just in the nick of time as frost and cold weather is now incoming, and the roads will be a treacherous place without proper tires on your car.

Well... Today is one of those days when I really don't have anything to write about, but since I decided to enter this NaBloPoMo thing, I really don't have a choice but to post something anyway.

I could tell you a little bit about what I was thinking while relaxing in the sauna after gym today. But, guess what? I was thinking about The One, and what she'd been texting me earlier today. The message I got was one that I dare not speak of even in my blog as of yet.

I may have misinterpreted the whole thing by a mile, and if that is the case, I sure don't want to have blogged about it only to find out I was way off the mark on that one. If it is true... my suspicions... however - that would explain a hell of a lot about what I've been going through the last couple of months. In any way - whatever the truth may be - I am pretty sure it marked the end of an era. You will not have to suffer through too many posts about The One from now on... if I do, the whole story will have taken a drastic turn of events and the plot would have thickened significantly.

I also got a new battery for my watch today, and for some reason that made me think of how much I could use a new battery for myself as well.

So... I guess what I wanted to say is - I'm sorry to have been so down and blue (pun intended) lately. I will now be seeking the strength to move forward in life, and leave The One behind me. It is probably the toughest decision I've made in a very long time... and it will be hard, because everywhere I go - there will be things to remind me of her, even when she's not around in person.

I will, however, reserve the right to change that decision should my suspicions turn out to be false after all.

My car's got new wheels, and I will travel down new roads of life.

10 comments:

Jay said...

I don't normally put winter tires on my car. Mainly cause I don't normally get out in the bad weather. My sister and brother in law will need to get their winter tires on their cars soon though. They live in Nebraska and they have a lot of winter up there.

Just moving on is always the hardest thing to do. It's probably why we all put up with so much from people like you have put up with from The One. It's easier to wait until they finally tell us it's time to move on.

Anonymous said...

Oh Tink, she can be so twisted!

It's funny, I know what you mean, but I couldn't think of a day without my hubby. Love/hate, and I'm cool with it. Good luck to ya!

Jen said...

Sometimes, the best thing you can do for yourself, is to find it to move on. Shake it off. Let it go. You'll find there is so much more out in this little world of ours that you never saw before.

It's very freeing. When I finally let go, I found the husband. Someone I never would have seen until I had the strength. . . . He is my gift, my soul, my strength and my love. Perfect? No (& neither am I, yet he loves me anyway), but I couldn't have found a better, more kind, generous and deeply passionate individual. [They are out there.]

R.E.H. said...

Jay: Winter tires are a must around here.

And, yes, in one way or another I will have to move on somehow in the very near future.

Tink: Yes I can... and I will :) The story is not yet over, and I will not post anything about it until I know what exactly is going on.

Kell: What? I'n not allowed to have private thoughts? Oh, boy the things you would read should I post everything I'm thinking :)

Butterfly Girl: Yeah, that's the weird thing about it. I want to see her, even when we're not being friendly towards eachother... how does one explain that?

Jen: I know there's a lot out there - been out there for a very long time :) But, this is what I found after many, many years of searching... it's not easy to let that go.

Guilty Secret said...

We'll be here for you along the way... as long as you stop being so cryptic! (Only joking, your blog friends will take care of you no matter how much you choose to share.)

R.E.H. said...

Guilty Secret: Don't worry, once I decide to unravel the story I'll put it out there in plain view, for all to see.

And, thank you, I may have reached a point where I will need some blog friends to take care of me...

Samantha_K said...

Is she pregnant or is she a lesbian???

Those are my guesses.

R.E.H. said...

Samantha K: Keep guessing, dear :)

I'm sorry, but I am not able to tell you what is going on just yet. I need to know more myself first... it's complicated.

Newt said...

Wow, there is an advantage to having to do some blog catch up, the suspense won't last too long :-)

R.E.H. said...

Well, it's good to see you... I was wondering if you'd abandoned me :)