November 17, 2007

Zip, Zilch, Nada

Looking for a new pet for your child? I think I may have come across one that would certainly make all the other kids in school very envious indeed.

A new watchdog? Screw that... get a watch-snake. Any burglar breakin' and entering into your home greeted by that beast would quickly exit the premises.

Need a hug? With this dear pet you could get the hug of a lifetime. This snake will squeeze you so tight you'll never need another hug in your life... because... your life will be over.

Seriously though. Today I am having an off day. I've been sitting here now in front of the computer trying to come up with something to write today, but my mind's gone completely blank. Not a thing has come up worth writing about. I was aimlessly googling for pictures, and once this one showed up I figured I'll use it and start writing whatever comes out of my fingers, onto my keyboard and finally onto the screen for publication in my blog.

It's the NaBloPoMo thing that forces me to make this completely useless post today. I would have skipped the whole thing today, had I not had an obligation to post something every day.

Oh, well. Enough of the whining.

I went shopping at the grocery store today with my mother. I'm having my family over tomorrow to celebrate my birthday, so we needed to pick up a lot of supplies. Why is it that the one who people want to celebrate end up having to pay for the festivities. If they want to show me their appreciation and love for me... couldn't they pay for the damn food and drinks themselves? I'm getting broke here!

Well... I'm the one who invited them in the first place. I'm the one seeking that love and affection, so maybe it serves me right I have to pay for it...

I don't really want to celebrate my birthday any more. I think I lost interest in that once I turned 30, because it's all downhill after that. Each and every year it just means I am one step closer to my grave... and how is that something to celebrate?

Hmmm.... So that's why they all show up? They are celebrating that.

Well... tomorrow will be a special Funday Sunday. See you then.

6 comments:

Jay said...

lol isnt shopping with your mother so fun! what a way to spend your day!

Jay said...

Happy Birthday dude.

R.E.H. said...

Jay Cam: Yeah, and she has this idea about going to this store that never seems to have the things you need. I tried talking her out of it... to no avail.

Guess what? We had to go to two different places, because of course they didn't have everything we needed...

Jay: Thank you.

I guess it's not such a bad thing, you know. Celebrating that one actually managed to go through yet another year of life.

Guilty Secret said...

It is annoying how much money you have to spend on your own birthday. Everyone has a turn, though... you get to enjoy everyone else's parties!

R.E.H. said...

Preposterous Ponderings: Hrmph... that snake's got nothin' on the one I carry in my pants all the time...

Guilty Secret: I know. I'll live off bread and water for the rest of the month now...

Anonymous said...

I want a pet like that snake! Happy Birthday.